Redirection

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Christians And Embryo Donation

 I have noticed it being promoted quite a bit lately, by such respectable Evangelical organisations as Gospel Coalition (I won't link to their article because I find it emotionally manipulative, sorry). Only (some) Catholics appear to be against it. The procedure itself is not without its risks, but that aside, isn't it introducing a third party (parties) into the marital bed, akin to egg/sp88m donation, which many conservative Christians are against? Because your wife getting pregnant from embryo donation means your wife is getting pregnant with another man's child.

At best, one could argue that it falls under Christian freedom, and it's up to the couple to decide. Promoting it as an ultimately good, pro-life cause and even a positive duty is going too far, imo. Those who have duty towards the embryos are the parents who allowed them to be created, not you. I wonder if someone is making a lot of money from selling these embryos to hopeless couples, but it's just the old cynical me. Anyway, before someone comes out and attacks me. I'm not telling anyone how to live their life on this blog. I'm just discussing things and providing (scientific) info. The choice is always yours. 

So what are your honest thoughts about the question?

2 comments:

  1. The Church is very clear on this matter (and IVF etc). Not permitted. Because procriation should never be separated from marital relationship. It is one woman and her eggs, one husband and his sperm and marital bed.

    Or then adopt actual baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think it's easier to be a Catholic 'cause you guys are provided with clear answer to this type of questions by the Church authorities:)

    ReplyDelete