Redirection

Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Results Of A Trip To Germany



So yesterday we went to Germany to make acquaintance with our new cat. On the way back I couldn't help buying some nice German magazines, as you can see.

The one on top is called Wohnen & Dekorieren (Living And Decorating) and besides decorating tips, it also features summer fashions:

DIY projects:




and Bavarian cooking:



Another magazine is called Wohnen & Geniessen (Living And Enjoying):


and basically covers the same topics: creating a cozy home, outdoor parties:

and housekeeping tips:






The last one is called Einfach Hausgemacht (Simply Made At Home):






and besides all sorts of recipes including homemade noodles, it also has ideas for the Easter centerpiece:






and a reportage about the Easter brunch:



Since our weather is about as nasty as one can imagine (we are having a storm and the barometer keeps dropping), and the outdoor parties of any kind are something I can only dream about at the moment, I'm eagerly looking forward to at least, reading about such things, and, of course, enjoying the beautiful photography and searching for the ideas.

Happy Palm Sunday!



7 comments:

  1. Is it difficult for you to read German? It is very similar to Dutch. We were in a restaurant in Germany and we heard people talking at the table beside us. It wasn't Dutch, nor German, so we concluded that they must be from Belgium.
    I love Dutch decorating magazines, because the homes are so different from here. I envy the smaller spaces - so much easier to decorate.
    Today is Palm Sunday - Jesus riding on a donkey - so thankful what He did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marietta, if I really make an effort, I can understand German:) With speaking it's more difficult, though, especially comparing to my husband, who practically speaks fluent German.

    I myself prefer German magazines because they often feature housewives, while Dutch magazines nearly totally ignore our existence, plus I like German decorating style more because it's so cheerful, always flowers and bright colours.

    Yes, it's Palm Sunday today, but the weather has been so bad, we stayed home, as I'm still not fully recovered from my recent illness. We did read about Jesus coming to Jerusalem on a donkey after dinner, though. I hope next week I'll finally be able to make it to our own church, which is in a different town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always liked anything German and admire their national tenacity and their national spirit, especially the Christians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you'd like them! Now aren't they snoezig???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must smile whenever I see something German, it's just part of my childhood, school time and having no speaking partner in this language makes me pretty sad sometimes. I owe very much to this culture and I admire it, the religion is the only thing I do not owe to the German education I received.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Were you educated in Germany? How very thrilling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not in Germany, but there are German speaking minorities in Romania and special schools for them where everybody can study if they speak the specific language and want to attend every subject in that language. My parents chose a German speaking nursery school and school for me and I grew up in a German speaking community. I have nice memories that I owe to my former teachers, many of them of German origin. I forgot to mention that I lived in a part of Romania that used to be part of the Habsburg Empire, where both Hungarian and Saxon (German speaking but not German) minorities lived for centuries in Siebenbuergen, a province that now belongs to modern Romania since 1918.

    ReplyDelete