Redirection

Monday, December 10, 2012

Lacrimosa

Recently I have rediscovered for myself classical music. It's not like I have been raised musically illiterate, in fact, my parents (especially mother) did everything to get me acquainted with the works of great composers, I had to watch operas (and ballet) and the classical music channel on the radio was often on. However, when I was growing up, it was Metallica and Iron Maiden we all were listening to (not that there is anything wrong with them either). Then it was hard rock, gothic, folks metal... stuff like that. Yet as I'm getting  older there is a longing for something more profound. The problem with classical music is that you actually have to take time to listen to it, it doesn't really make a good background music in my opinion. And the pieces tend to be rather long. Luckily, nowadays we have YouTube, where you can find a lot of short clips. Here is one of them, Lacrimosa by Mozart, which is one of my favourites.


2 comments:

  1. One thing I've always enjoyed about the Christmas season, is that it re-acquaints us at least once a year with great classical pieces, and encourages us to enjoy them. I, too, love classical music, but don't often take the time the rest of the year to sit and listen to much of it. But I always do at Christmas, and am glad to do so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enthralled by Lacrimosa,it's amazing that a man could create something so profoundly beautiful. I'm probably not original, but though there are a lot of classical composers whom I like I tend to think that Mozart is simply a class apart. Pity he died so young. You are right about the Christmas season, but I'll try to post more classical clips on this blog even when the season is over, may be even every Monday.

    ReplyDelete