Redirection

Saturday, November 25, 2023

The R8pe Of Narnia

 This is just horrible. 

However, I should say that what currently is called "woke" stuff started creeping in already during the life of Lewis. Remember the order in which the books were written? The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe: girls don't fight, Prince Caspian: girls don't fight, The Voyage Of The Dawntreader: girls don't fight, The Silver Chair: girls don't fight, Prince Caspian: girls suddenly do fight and that makes them (Lucy) good and noble as opposed to wicked Susan only interested in fashions and men. Remember who didn't get to Heaven?

This nonsense started after WWII, and I'm sorry but I do blame Hollywood and broad American culture in general. When Lewis' books started getting popular overseas, he changed with times. Another example would be The Guns Of Navarone (spelling?). The original book, written shortly after the war has NO women in it. Zero. 0. Yet, the Hollywood adaptation from late 1950s/early 60 suddenly has 2 (one a traitor) and they are both eye candy. They also wear flirty colourful dresses with decolletes (that's exactly what I would wear when fighting in the mountains, lol).

I sometimes visit Greek Ortho church. The older generation women even now tend to wear all black long dresses. In those times they wore black headcoverings, too. But never mind...

4 comments:

  1. The Guns of Navarone movie came up on Youtube for me one evening weeks ago so I watched it. Not a bad movie for the times.

    But what you need to as yourself is it American culture or (((American culture)))?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, it is a nice movie. I was just shocked when I read the book afterwards by the fact that some characters got a "gender transition".

    As for your 2nd point, I'm trying to keep this blog PG:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Guns of Navarone book. I actually like most McLeans, because they have very few women in them and if there are women, they are soft and fragile and damsels in distress. So the movie was TERRIBLE disappointment.

    In one book, "Fear is the key", male main character notices how distressed a lady is in a situation, and is rather delighted to notice it, because "I have never liked women of steel". (I am not sure how the quote goes in english, I read the book in my own language.) So McLean most definitely DID NOT like warrior women.

    ReplyDelete