Redirection

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Medical Scams

 Beware of those selling you supplements online:

Pete Kenworthy

So, this global detox market was valued at over $51 billion last year. And I don't mean to laugh, but that's a lot of money. We're talking about cold-pressed juice. We're talking about slimming tea. Because of this $51 billion, you would think these work, right? People are buying them and spending a lot of money on them.

Dr. Ryan Marino

Yeah. But I think that's just a lot of, a lot of scamming going on.

2 comments:

  1. I get what he's saying, but I think he's being hyperbolic. My husband and I have done detoxes and they haven't cost us one red cent more than what we wold have spent on other types of food. One box of detox tea, and 10 days of green smoothies which consists solely of greens and a few fruits. No supplements.

    And there are decent supplements that actually do some good and are excellent alternatives to pharmaceuticals. I only take one on a regular basis, and it was life changing for a perpetually anemic person like me.

    Full disclosure: The American medical cartel has completely torpedoed my trust in most traditional medical advice or any of its conventional wisdom as it relates to preventative care, nutrition, and general well being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I agree some supplements can be useful. I think what this guy is trying to say is that there are no quick fixes for most problems. If someone's general lifestyle is unhealthy, then a magic pill or tea won't help much.

    The real problem with many of these things is that they can have all sorts of side effects just like regular medication and there is no one size fits all.

    ReplyDelete