Redirection

Saturday, January 16, 2021

WWII Fake Meat On Your Table

 

You would probably never guess that one can make burgers from oatmeal and eggs which taste very much like the real deal. It's another WWII recipe called "meatless sausage". I read about it over here 

and at first didn't believe his claims that it's  "the most convincing non meat-trying-to-be-meat recipe" he ever made, but still decided to give it a chance. What should I say? I've tried some store bought meat substitutes and this oatmeal  burger is by far the best of them, not to forget the healthiest.

And even my husband who hates fake meat kinda approved:)


 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!

    I often wondered how Seventh-Day Adventists and other vegetarians who pre-date modern fads with tofu etc. had managed all those years ago until modern times.

    ReplyDelete