Redirection

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Did Victorians Worship Women?

 It's an interesting topic to research but right now I don't have time:) So far I found this old article by Dalrock about the connection between Victorian chivalry and female suffrage:

 But despite the fact that fighting feminism with chivalry is a reliable way to empower feminism, traditional conservatives aren’t about to change tactics.  Thus we have complementarians who are convinced that women won’t rebel against headship and submission, if only men are chivalrous enough.

I haven't had time to read the comments there. If you have any ideas, feel free to post them. Personally I tend to think that this overblown chivalry was more an American (or, at least, an Anglo-American) phenomenon than the European one but I could be mistaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment