Redirection

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday At Home

Allow me to introduce my cat, Frodo:

Frodo is a large tomcat who is nearly five years old. He comes from aristocratic parents with a pedigree, but his behaviour is anything but genteel. Actually, we should have called him Grishnakh instead, since Frodo in the book had rather pacifistic inclinations. Our Frodo's chief hobbies are fighting with other cats and eating, in this order. He spends his nights outside, and only comes home to eat and sleep, and to heal from his wounds. As for eating, he'll eat anything which distantly reminds food. He tries to eat matches and dry spaghetti, and is known to chew on hay, meant for my guinea pig. By some strange reason, he seems to be especially fond of cookies.

Today we finally got some nice winter weather, but despite the temperatures falling below the freezing point, the cat still went out at night. In the mornings he always sits in front of the house, waiting for us to open the door and let him in, and so here he is, sunbathing in the dining-room:


Personally I think he adds to the coziness of our home and matches my carpets well:) He probably thinks the same thing about us, but with cats, you never know.


2 comments:

  1. I really love your site. You're a charming writer. I could spend many more hours reading it, but I've got to go to my warm cozy bed and get some sleep for a full day of working around the house tomorrow. Be well.

    ReplyDelete