Redirection

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Winter Books And Crafts

Can you believe that it was supposed to be called "November books" but so many things happened right after I took these photos...I still would like to share them with you.

So the first book I bought at the market in Rotterdam, for 1 (!) euro. The salesman told me I was like 500th person who took interest but apparently they were all too cheap to spend 1 euro for this wonderful children's book

with really great illustrations






It was written by Tor Age Bringsvaerd who is, I think, a Swede, or in any case, a Scandinavian. Your children would love it!

Next I bought myself some Tilda

to continue with the Scandinavian theme:)



I could recommend Tone Finnanger's books to any lady who is craft-minded. I already made two gift bags and my next project is supposed to be an apron since I desperately need a couple of new ones. But even if you don't sew, it's just a very nice book with great decoration ideas!

My last one for today is this German book:

I really should have written about it before Christmas, since the whole book is about various Christmas projects, with some cross-stitching patterns, like this one:




I actually don't cross-stitch, not because I can't but because it's bad for my eyes, so I had a brilliant idea to convert it into a knitting pattern, and here is the result:

I promptly started working at another project but then the kittens grew older and I was forced to put it aside for a while. I just picked it up again this morning, comforting myself by the thought that there is nothing especially Christmas-y about it, it's just another generic Scandinavian red and white pattern (shown on the cover), even though it has moose in it:)

I'll share the end result with you when it's finished.

Hope you are all enjoying your Christmas holidays with your loved ones, and while you are at it, please spare a thought and a prayer for those who are by some reason forced to spend these days alone, single and lonely people need our love, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment