Redirection

Thursday, July 21, 2016

A Goodwill Store Finds






Went there last week and came home with lots of stuff, including this skirt (70% wool and only cost me 10.50):





And 6 teacups and saucers, made of fine English bone china:





They all come from different collections, including Royal Albert, Royal Windsor, Royal Standard and Queen Anne. Here are some close-ups:












Aren't they sweet?

We visited a flea market in Delft on Saturday and I saw similar cups for twice the price, so it was really a bargain! The weather has been unbearably hot for the last couple of days, but cooling off now.

Finally it looks like summer...


5 comments:

  1. We were at our Goodwill yesterday. We dropped off our donated things and went in. I found a beautiful blouse this time and some dishes from the set I and our children all have in their homes. So I will be sharing them. Even the used stores sometimes sell things higher than when they were new. I hear people complaining about this and their prices in general. But we look around and like any stores you buy only what you want and what you want to pay for it. We are grateful for such stores as that is where we get most of the things we use.
    I am not a tea cup person but sure do think they are very beautiful. I would have snapped them up for a gift for my friend had they been at our store. :) Enjoy them. You won the prize that day!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful teacups and saucers! Amazing to find such a great collection at reasonable prices all in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were many more, but I had to restrict myself because I simply don't have enough place for storage. I'd seen those cups some time before when I went there with a friend and kept thinking about them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I did fid the prettiest saucer with delicate roses painted on it at the Goodwill days later. I am a dish person! I will use this for a background piece in a display..and some day it might even be used in the garden to beautify a place. It just made me happy just to look at it...from having the such beauties around already I know it always will. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree, Sarah, beautiful things make us happy!

    ReplyDelete