Redirection

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tarte Tatin With Nectarines

Specially for the lady in Finland!:)

I baked it on Monday. The recipe is from a German magazine, with slight changes.

Here is what you need:

ab. 2c flour
1/2c + 2 TBSP sugar
Salt
150g butter
1 egg
ab. 800g nectarines

Knead flour, 2 TBSP sugar, salt, butter, egg and 2-3 TBSP cold water till soft dough forms. Cover it and keep in the fridge until you need it.

Wash the nectarines, cut in half and remove the pits, then cut them in slices. Place the nectarines in a greased baking pan (d26 cm). Caramelise 1/2c sugar and 5TBSP water, pour over the nectarines.

Roll the dough out (d28 cm) and cover the nectarines. Bake at 200*C for 25-30 min.Take out of the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before turning onto a pie plate. It's a nice way to use nectarines, the pie won't be very sweet, so if you wish, you can use more sugar than suggested.


4 comments:

  1. Sanne dear,

    Dare I assume you mean me? :-)

    I obviously need new glasses. I've been lurking around and it was only this morning I saw the first line for the first time!

    I'm sure this would be as fun to try as your apple pie I made last week! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, surely:) I noticed you were perusing all the old cooking posts. I should post more recipes, but I really had neither the time nor the energy to do much last August.

    I hope your apple pie was a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cannot see my apple pie comment??

      Delete
    2. I've seen that you wrote that you had made it, I was wondering if your family liked it:)
      My husband, for instance simply adores apple pie!

      Delete