Redirection

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Cranberry Cream Dessert

It looks like there is always winter and never Christmas around here last time:) Yesterday the temperature hardly rose above the freezing point the whole day, but at least it was sunny, while today we actually got snow, though not much. Since I partially recovered from flu, I decided it was time to try a new recipe and as I still have some cranberies in the freezer, I decided to make Cranberry Cream dessert. It turned out fine and dear husband liked it, too.

Cranberry Cream dessert is easy to make. You will need cranberries, fresh or frozen, sugar, cream and some gelatine. First I made cranberry compote, by cooking half a package of frozen cranberries with half a cup water, some sugar and cinnamon. When it was ready, I left it to cool and whipped the cream, also with some sugar added. Then I combined the two and added some dissolved gelatine, and voila- here it is:


The glasses are actually meant for Irish Coffee but I thought that I could use them for the Cranberry Cream dessert as well, especially since we never drink Irish Coffee. The mixture needs to be refrigerated for at least two hours before serving. Cranberries could probably be substituted by something else. Now the next milestone will be baking a cheesecake for Easter on my husband's request:)

No comments:

Post a Comment