Redirection

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Obesity Kills!

Another proof of it in a new CDC report:

An unhealthy diet may affect more than just your waistband, a new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) ‘Vital Signs’ report shows. In a press release on Tuesday, the CDC stated that 40 percent of all U.S. cancer diagnoses can now be linked to overweight and obesity...
 
Out of all cancer diagnoses, nearly 55 percent of female cases and 24 percent of male cases were linked to overweight and obesity. These cases statistically affect older adults, mostly between the ages of 50 and 74-years-old.

The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has identified specific types of cancers that are related to obesity and overweight: meningioma, multiple myeloma, adenocarcinoma of the esophagus, and cancers of the thyroid, post-menopausal breast, gallbladder, stomach, liver, pancreas, kidney, ovaries, uterus, colon and rectum (colorectal)...

Read the whole article here

6 comments:

  1. Very good. Thank you for sharing this.
    I am currently trying to cut back 20 lbs. Just no snacking, smaller portions, and walking.
    I am curious your opinion or that of your readers. This may sound silly, but is it perfectly normal to FEEL hungry between meals? To not feel really FULL at the end of a meal. I feel ignorant asking this, but am wondering others experience?
    Somehow along the way I believe I forgot that we will feel hunger--EVER. Maybe it started for me in my teens (1980's) with the snacking craze. I certainly don't recall snacking as a child. We have 3 nourishing balanced meals a day.....
    Any input?
    God bless
    Mrs.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. * woops. We HAD 3 nourishing meals a day growing up.
    I would like to add my husband is 5'9"-140lbs. Same size for 30 years. I share this because he is NOT an overeater and oftentimes I feel like I am eating him under the bus!!! He doesn't like that "stuffed" feeling. I can't stand finishing a meal and feeling partially empty!!
    Mrs.O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs.O, you are welcome!

    As for your question, I do feel hungry between meals, especially between breakfast and lunch and in the end of the afternoon, before dinner. I snack a bit with cookies, cheese, knackerbrod, and baked goodies, if I have them:)

    After dinner I'm usually quite full. That said, I'm mostly of the same weight and though it's closer to my upper bmi limit than to my lower one, I'm OK with it.

    I've been trying to eat more "paleo" lately, well, not really paleo, as I don't agree with cutting out grain and dairy products, unless there is a medical reason, but eating more "traditional" foods (hence sourdough bread) and avoiding processed foods. Not because I want to lose weight, but primarily for (other) health reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for that! I find it interesting to hear others experience.
    We did Paleo, to the extreme. We DID cut all grain and dairy. Dairy is a different issue as we can't have it in the house. We have a daughter with extreme anaphylactic allergy to dairy.
    If not, we would have dairy.
    We are now back to eating all food groups;)
    But,my oh my, on that Paleo business I had NO energy. I know why now, at the time I thought we were doing great.(hehe)
    Your sourdough looks delicious,btw.
    Mrs.O

    ReplyDelete
  5. You probably felt tired because you missed all these carbohydrates:) They are good for you, just not that much. Too bad about dairy, yogurt is supposed to have lots of health benefits... One good thing about paleo, imo, is that it encourages people to ditch junk food.

    ReplyDelete