Redirection

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Rice Bran Oil And Its Benefits




I have recently come upon this new product in a supermarket and before buying it, did a Google search. Apparently, rice bran oil is comparable to olive oil for its nutritional value, but it has two unique benefits of its own. First, it has high smoke point so it's more suitable for cooking (while virgin olive oil is better in salads); second, it's rich in proto-vitamin E and oryzanol, which not only lowers cholesterol, but apparently, relieves menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes.

I tried it in my kitchen for frying potatoes and the results were very satisfactory. As for taste, it reminded me unrefined sunflower oil a bit. The price is comparable to virgin olive oil which is what I normally use for cooking.

If you are interested, you can read more about rice bran oil on Wiki.
This site does a point-by-point comparison between it an olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment