Redirection

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Laziness Is Not A Mental Health Problem

 One YouTube lady made a video about overcoming laziness as a housewife and mother. She got a lot of negative comments where people (women actually) accused her of being harsh and unloving because she suggested that they should stop being so lazy and actually get up and do some housework. In fact, she didn't try to upset anyone, but just wanted to provide motivation for cleaning the house. 

All these lazy females were telling her how they have "a mental health condition" preventing them from doing anything. Of course, some people are legit handicapped or simply too old, but usually they will be able to get some sort of help from social workers so I do suspect that those enraged commenters  just didn't want to bother.

I can sympathise a bit, because honestly, housework can be repetitive and boring. I have actually come to the conclusion that I like cooking, shopping and doing laundry, but there are some things I absolutely detest, like folding the said laundry afterwards. But you know what I like? I do like a clean house, and that motivates me to get up and clean when I'd rather chill on the couch with a smartphone.

And if I can do it, you can, too. I actually heard an interesting thing in another YouTube video. A body which is in motion, stays in motion. A body which is not in motion, will just continue doing nothing so to say:) So just get up and get going, and the house will be clean before you know it. And if you have children older than a certain age, they absolutely should help, btw.

Having a clean house is a class issue, too. Ever watched Keeping Up Appearances? Yes, it satire, but there is a grain of truth in it. If one's house looks like a pigsty all the time, those people may think they are some sort of aristocracy "too good to clean", but in the reality they belong to an underclass.

If your house is a mess, so is your life. Have some pride. Be a real woman, clean your house:)


4 comments:

  1. I personally hate emptying dishwasher. It takes like 5 minutes, but somehow its just... Another thing is scrubbing the bathroom floor. The tiles are weird, you really have to scrub them hard with a hard brush to get them clean. I rather clean dog vomit from carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even have a dishwasher;) I also have 3 staircases in my house. Vacuuming them isn't my favourite task, either. I fell a couple of times while doing it, it's a miracle I didn't break anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an excellent post! I don't know why it really hit me, but it is true. My husband was telling me one of his old bosses was saying that it was so hard to get good help these days because, "everybody has something wrong with them....." he said she was speaking to the issues of the day, neurodivergent, depression, adhd, etc. and they have to make ammendments to the work place because of that. We were talking about how they are more than likely lazy and using these things (which they probably diagnosed themselves from ticktock and instagram reels and fb shorts!) as an excuse to not work.

    Stay safe on the stairs friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you dear friend, I'm trying to be more careful nowadays!

    Here many young men don't even bother to invent an illness, they just choose to work part-time, supported in this by their moms, girl-friends and wives who happily slave away while Daddy is changing nappies and trying to breastfeed. Women truly are their own worst enemies sometimes...

    ReplyDelete