Redirection

Saturday, August 17, 2024

Why Women Work

 Why do so many married women work? You know conservatives like to publish these lists about how much money you supposedly save when the mother stays home with her kids, yet it doesn't seem to help? It's because conservatives never address the heart of the matter, i.e, the modern financial system which they wholeheartedly support.

Simply put, most people nowadays live on credit. All these nice houses and shiny new cars they buy, all these luxury vacations they take aren't paid in cash or by debit card. People go into debt to afford modern Western lifestyle and to fulfill their dream of unlimited consumerism. When both parents work, they can take more loans then when only one of them works. The only identity allowed in the current West is that of a consumer. And the two income family are living this Western dream to the fullest.

We don't need to conserve any of this. What is needed is radical change, first in hearts and minds, then in broad society. Don't be a consoomer...


7 comments:

  1. We bought a new (to us) car recently. In cash. My husband jokes how it was paid "with wife's hairdresser money".

    We have often calculated how much money we save compared to for example his sister's family. Only because I cut my own hair and dont have fake nails or lashes, or tattoo my eyebrows or that sort of thing modern women seem to concider necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do admit I spend lots of money on clothes. Mainly because I have ridiculously sensitive skin and often clothes just suddenly start to irritate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paying cash in debt-fueled economy is a revolutionary act;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I call them 'conservatards.' Ron Paul, who was House representative on the banking committee would frequently address the issues of taxes and the Funny Reserve system as the problems. He ran for president in '08 and '12, but was railroaded by establishment. So much for 'duh-mocracy.'

    My dad made around $13.5k in 1969 which is six figures today. So while we are wealthier in terms of food quality and availability and technology, things that we need like shelter and transportation and groceries have gone up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking hard about not voting at all. I bothered to read the programs of every political party and came to the conclusion that there is not one of them which represents my views, including so-called "conservatives" or right-wing ones. There are some which I like more than others and that's it.

    Plus, the system is rigged anyway. Participating in these regular rituals only lends it more credibility. Imagine if they had an election and nobody bothered, lol. It would finally kill the myth of "democracy" and "rules-based order".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been thinking of quitting voting because I genuinely believe letting women vote was a terrible mistake.

    If everybody voted based on reason and sense, it would make no difference, who is allowed to vote. Making "voting women" a big agenda in the past suggest, that WOMEN WOULD ACTUALLY VOTE DIFFERENTLY THAN MEN.

    Since there is only one logic and reason, it means someone is voting based on something else than that...

    Also it is quite obvious to me, that the decline of society started with voting women. They were running pretty smoothly before that. Problems like poverty and hunger and too long working hours and child labour would have been solved anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For years my husband voted for both of us. Last election (EU parliament) he said I had to go and vote myself so we went together. Our party lost anyway. I call it "ours" because we voted a couple of times for it before, and because it's the only real opposition, imo, but I still disagree with many things in their program. They have no chance to be in the government though and they are funny and the rest hate them. So it's actually more like sticking your middle finger against the system. If I were in USA I'd probably write a candidate in. I have some nice ideas;)

    ReplyDelete