Redirection

Friday, September 7, 2018

Fertility And Career

don't always go hand-in-hand:

When you're a woman in your mid-30s, fertility is not a given. If you're working 80 hours a week and are exhausted, conceiving a child doesn't necessarily happen as easily as you might think. I know, and I am not the only one to have this problem. For women in finance, the heavy workload, the high stress and the lack of sleep not only make it difficult to find a partner, but are a recipe for hormonal imbalance and infertility. The longer I work in banking, the more that I feel that I'm being made to make a choice: the ability to conceive, or the opportunity to become an MD.

As one could have expected, she blames the human biology  patriarchy:


My male colleagues don't have this dilemma. Not only are they able to have children easily (often with women who work outside banking) but their ability to start families is making it even harder for female bankers like me to do the same.

The comments are hilarious. Read the whole story over here:

I'm a female banker. My male colleagues are making me infertile.

4 comments:

  1. If she could conceive, what she would do then? Does she seriously think she would make a good mother, working 80 hours per week?

    I have never understood why people want to pretend they work that much. The science has proven that people can work effectively about 6 hours per day. More is just "being at the office", but not really productive work. People "working" 80 hours per week propably actually do less than those working 40 hours, because they are so exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I actually think (based on discussions read on various forums) that most women working full time and even overtime are convinced they are great mothers. Some will actually go to great lengths to keep having children and dispatching them to daycare a couple of months after birth. They see nothing wrong with it, either. It's just the way things are to them.

    She's British, btw, and they are insanely into status and money, due to their class system. Check this:

    "I didn't spend 8 years at the University to be called "Miss"

    https://twitter.com/OrwellNGoode/status/1038498057044848641



    ReplyDelete
  3. So airlines should changes their protocol to make some little girl with very low self-esteem feel happy? I have always thought that those mr. and miss in tickets are just to tell your gender and it is part of the safety protocol.

    How kids are supposed to create a loving relationship with their mothers if they never see them? Don't they start loving their nannies instead?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of SJWs are just snobs who hate working class people, especially European men, and are busy status and virtue signalling. Sad.

    As for those moms, I don't know. My friends all stayed home with their kids and most women I know still work part-time, but yes, there has been research which shows how detrimental it's for kids to be separated from their mother:

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1353521/Children-working-mothers-6-times-likely-fat.html

    https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/lydia-lovric/working-mothers-childcare_b_7835022.html

    But I mean, who cares??? Nowadays egoism is a virtue while caring for your family is a sin.

    ReplyDelete