Friday, April 21, 2023

Social Media Are Toxic

 This is tragic. Please watch what your children are doing:

A 13-year-old boy died after participating in a viral TikTok challenge that involved consuming large quantities of Benadryl, an over-the-counter allergy medication...

In an interview with ABC6, Justin Stevens, the father of 13-year-old Jacob Stevens from Ohio, revealed that his son had died six days after attempting the challenge, which involves consuming enough of the medication to induce hallucinations.

Stevens said the 13-year-old was placed on a ventilator when he was transported to the hospital, but died six days later, on what he described as “the worst day of his life”...

Jacob’s father said his son was at home with friends when he decided to try the dangerous social media challenge. As his friends filmed, the 13-year-old’s body started seizing.

It happened at home so the boy was probably alone with his friends, no parents present. I don't know the exact circumstances of this family, the article doesn't even mention the boy's mother, only his father and his aunt, so may be he didn't have one, but it highlights something I have been always trying to point out. 

Many women will stay home with their children when they are small, but go back to work once they are teenagers. And while every baby obviously needs his mother, it's not babies who organise drunken orgies and overdose on drugs while their parents work. The trend was already present in my time, it's only getting worse. Teenage years are dangerous years, and your children need you!


No comments:

Post a Comment