Redirection

Thursday, January 17, 2019

More About Commenting

After I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on each time a comment is added I receive 4 emails with the same comment. Perhaps there is a way you can remove me from that service? Many thanks! on Living On One Income Vs Your Consumption Level


Above is an example of the sort of anonymous comments I usually get. All of them are on the old posts that's why they come into moderation. There is virtually no way for me to know which are genuine and which aren't. An interesting thing is that after I did publish a couple of anonymous comments which were the least spammy, so to say, they stopped coming. Whether the break is temporary, remains to be seen.

Concerning the one above, in case it IS genuine. First, you'll get much better chance of me publishing your comments and replying to them if you add any sort of signature even if you choose the anonymous function. ALL anonymous comments, especially those left on old posts, are subject to arbitrary moderation and most of them will end up deleted. 

Second, I have no idea what you are talking about. Honestly. I'm not sure what you have done and how to undo it. Sorry, but this is something you will have to figure out for yourself. I would be inclined to do more research on the issue if you commented again, this time adding a handle. Regards. 

P.S. I did change the default language on the comment form into English, so I hope that helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment