Redirection

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

The Way We Live Now

 Some time ago I read advice online to serve holiday meals on disposable plates to save time on washing the dishes. Some people even claimed that everyone is doing it nowadays. Personally I have never encountered it outside some big birthday parties, so I thought it an exaggeration but then I watched a YouTube video where somebody served Christmas dinner on disposable plastic plates.

I mean whatever. Is anyone really doing it? I always use my best china for this occasion. What about you? 

7 comments:

  1. We serve our holiday dinners on china, and every other dinner on glass plates. When we have a very large gathering (which happens occasionally), we do use plastic, but we try to buy something that looks nice.

    But generally, no. Holidays are the exact time to go the extra mile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. Nonono. No. And I don't cover the tablecloth with clear plastic. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me neither, I always have the real thing. You just launder it afterwards:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? People actually do this? I'm gobsmacked. But, considering how people dress out in public now, I'm not completely surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it, either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We use plastic plates for family parties as we have close to 30 people attending, but we use real cutlery.

    ReplyDelete