Redirection

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Natural Hair Care Update

Some time ago we had a great discussion about natural hair care tips. Soon after this I switched to totally no shampoo method and have tried several things like honey (h/t to Finnish Housewife), chamomile tea and henna.

While I still use henna now and then, to boost the colour a little bit, I have finally decided to just use plain water and nothing else. Well, in my previous post on the topic I recalled how I had done it once before long ago and my hair looked terrible. This time, on the other hand, it worked, probably because I have gone without shampoo for a long time already.

In fact, my hair looks better than with any other methods I have tried so far, I save on the products (honey, e.g., is quite expensive) and cheat woke corporations out of their income:) What's not to like???

6 comments:

  1. Housewife OutdoorsJune 13, 2019 at 4:37 AM

    Great minds truly think alike. :) Soon after our discussion I decided to try water only again. Nowadays I wash with water only and every now and then do vinegar rinse. Works wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing one can survive without consumer products is a true female liberation:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Housewife OutdoorsJune 14, 2019 at 5:35 AM

    Amen to that. I only wish "Water only" would work with armpits, too. I have tried about all deodorant substitutes and none of them work. And actual deodorants damage my skin.

    BTW have I linked you this thing about "Caveman regimen"? Apparently "nothing only" works on your skin, too. I have Rosacea and I must admit the less I do to my skin, the better it is.

    https://thelovevitamin.com/3819/caveman-regimen-3-month-update/

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you shower and change your t shirts regularly (and shave) you should be fine. May be, you need and adjustment time?

    Thanks for the link, I'll look into it. I mostly use glycerine as a moisturiser. I stopped using most cosmetic products after reading about dangerous chemicals in them, long ago. Shampoo was the last thing I got rid of actually (mine was a special type from the USA and quite pricey, so I'm saving money, too).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Housewife OutdoorsJune 17, 2019 at 9:31 AM

    I only use oils on my face nowadays, everything else is too irritating. I could give glycerin a go, we have a huge bottle of it. Finally something I can use to shave my legs that does not irritate my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm trying your caveman routine right now but it's too early to talk about results, imo. I'll share my experiences later.

    ReplyDelete