Redirection

Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Terrace Makeover

Well, it's not exactly a makeover, just a nice addition. My husband had always wanted to have something like a small pond, in retro style, like those we've seen in Germany where folks used zinc bowls for them. He couldn't find any suitable container though, but finally suceeded in his quest in Valkenburg. So now we have this:


















and this:





He is very happy and planning to put a goldfish into it:) Just kidding, but I think they are rather cute.

4 comments:

  1. We have the pond that grew. It started with one dug out pond without a waterfall. It grew to one pond with a waterfall. The next year it grew to 2 ponds with 2 waterfalls. The only time I dislike it is cleaning it in the spring - it is a big job! For the rest of the summer; the noise of the waterfalls and seeing the fish swimming around is wonderful! Have fun creating a water garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Housewife from FinlandSeptember 21, 2015 at 6:00 AM

    Water elements are so calming. They just start growing alga or something very easily so I do not have one. I used to have aquarium and the light and the sound of it's pump was so reassuring. But cleaning it was really big job. And all the pretty fish kept dying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my husband's water gardens:) He is the gardener in our family so I guess he's going to do maintenance on the things. I'm afraid I don't have green fingers. I chiefly use the terrace to read and for hanging out the wash to dry.

    ReplyDelete