Redirection

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Rules For Commenting On This Blog

Since I'm now having more visitors and thus more (potential) commenters I thought it would be a good idea to write this post.

I really dislike deleting comments and I have only done it once so far for advocating an illegal activity, and I really hope I won't have to use my moderator powers too often.

So here it comes:

I expect my commenters to adhere to some standard of decency, which means:

1. No profanity. If you post a link to an article containing profanity, add a warning.
2. No explicit sexual discussions of any kind. I'm not interested in what you are doing in the bedroom with your husband and neither are my readers.
3. No advocating of any illegal activity (this one should go without saying, actually).
4. While commenting, be polite to others and avoid personal insults and ad hominem attacks.
5. This is a Christian blog, so deal with it, which means no comments insulting my religion or advocating different religions or atheism. There are plenty of other blogs to discuss this kind of things.
6. Don't post anything racist or antisemitic, this is not Stormfront and I have readers from many countries (pointing the differences between various ethnic/cultural groups is OK, just don't insult others on their ethnicity).

The comments violating any of the above rules will be summarily deleted.

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for the attention!

2 comments:

  1. You got it! I would hope I would adhere anyway, but it's always good to make sure everyone understands. I appreciate your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I didn't exactly mean you in mind while writing this:) It's just that I thought it helpful to add some guidelines, so if I have to delete a comment, I can point to the violation of the blog rules.

    ReplyDelete