dinsdag 12 februari 2013

Something Sweet For Tea Time

This week I tried an interesting cake recipe, it turned out well and was easy to make. For this cake, you need yeast dough. I used the following recipe:

2pkg dry yeast
1/2c warm water
1tbsp + 1/3c sugar
1c warm milk
1/3c butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp salt
ab. 4c flour

Dissolve yeast in water, stir in 1tbsp sugar and set apart for appr. 5 min. Then add warm milk, softened butter (I dissolved mine in milk while warming it), eggs, salt, 3c flour and the rest of sugar. Beat for about 2 min, then stir enough flour to make a soft dough (I added 1c + 2 or 3 tbsp). It must be sticky, and you don't have to knead it. Cover the mixture and place in the fridge for the night.

Next morning take it out and punch the dough down, then turn it onto a lightly floured surface and divide in two (you can cut the amount of the ingredients in the recipe in half or just use the second half for something else. I froze mine.)

Roll it out, not too thin and place onto the baking sheet, cover and let rise for 1 1/2 till 2 hours. Spread filling over it. I used the jar of strawberry jam. Then sprinkle with topping. To make the topping, I placed ab. 50g butter in the feeezer for some time, then rasped it and added appr. 4 tablespoons of flour and 1 or 2 tbsp of sugar.

I baked the cake at 200*C for 20 min, then lowered the temperature to ab. 190*C and baked 15 more minutes and it came out somewhat too dry to my taste, and the corners browned too much, so the next time I'm planning to bake it for 30 min at lower temperature, but of course, it depends on your oven.

This cake tastes good by a cup of coffee after dinner, or serve it when drinking tea with your family or friends.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen

No anonymous comments. Anonymous comments will be deleted.